Monday 13 May 2013

Fragmentation 3

I felt my third and final 5,7ft canvas wasn't as aesthetically pleasing as the previous two and the work became more visually problematic. This painting epitomises the doubt and uneasiness of my position as a painter, however this piece even raises new doubts and debates for myself. I feel this piece is on the cusp of starting to have a negative impact on people who are not educated about art. This raises the question to myself that should art be only enjoyed and understood by those who are knowledgeable about it. But then how do you create and cause the problems that can highlight your viewpoint as an artist without first making a piece that brings up these issues visually?  I feel that this piece is a good point to conclude my work in this area. But also it is the foundation for beginning to convey my own theories subtly through abstraction.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment