Monday 13 May 2013

Fragmentation 2.

This second piece in a series of three 5,7ft canvases I felt became more developed than the first. I increased the white void between shapes and became more particular on the types of colour used in each. I analysed previous pieces I had made and took aspects from each that made them successful. However I still included the element of indecision within the work which accompanied with the larger space between shapes made the piece harder to read. I also feel the white plays a more dynamic role in this piece. This is because it starts to become more of a noticeable element in the piece but not so noticeable it renders the shapes inferior. In this piece I chose to exploit the use of vibrant colours much more than the previous piece. This gives the painting a much more vibrant and fresh feel. I wanted to try and keep the aspects of the piece the same but tweak them slightly. I am hoping this makes each piece unique but fit into the series of 3.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment