Wednesday 16 January 2013

First Masking Tape Drawing.

I felt a bit lost at the start of the course as I was given much more freedom and had to almost force a direction for my work. I found this difficult so chose to refer back to my end foundation piece as I felt there was room for my work to develop from there anyway. This started a variety masking tape drawings.






I felt this piece was reasonably successful. There is a consistent and dynamic relationship between the shapes. Alongside this the indecision of colour which is separated and contained by defined white lines works well. However I felt the white lines have the ability to direct the eye across the painting and in this case I have not used that to it's full potential. Also unlike previous work in foundation I chose to only produce one layer. This has stopped the work from becoming too busy and the end result wouldn't be as clinical as if it was created using screen printing.

End of Foundation - Geometric Print
 

No comments:

Post a Comment