Monday 22 April 2013

The Lion and Lamb

Visiting the Lion and Lamb was a very surreal experience for me because it was a space that included two of my favourite things, a pub and an art gallery. Walking through the pub was interesting as it has the typical edgy London pub feel to it with 'cockney lads' swearing over a game of pool, then you walk through a door in the middle of the pub into a very neutral, light space which is not dissimilar to a space like the Poppy Sebire gallery. The art on show was interesting but unfortunately I didn't pay much attention as it was the end of a long day walking around London and the novelty of being able to sit and enjoy a pint at the bar whilst looking at some contemporary art hadn't worn off. However I admire what the land lord is doing and I think it's a brilliant way to bring in trade. Therefore I will be making it a pit stop for a well needed rest on my next trip to London.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment