Sunday 3 March 2013

No Furniture - Private View

No Furniture was a exhibition put on by some 2nd and 3rd year student from the University and was held in King Street Cambridge. It was advised that I went down to see the exhibition space as that was where the first years exhibition that I was a part of was taking place. The space itself is very spacious and with the front side of the area just being windows throughout the day the source of natural light would be amazing. It was also interesting to see what work was being created by students who were further along in the course. I found some pieces incredibly interesting like the bricks made from food, several small geometric prints and a large canvas that was overwhelmed with colour and energy. These pieces may have interested me simply because these pieces (other than the food bricks) highlight the direction my work is taking at the moment. However I felt the large portrait/self portrait and charcoal/ pencil sketches were amateurish and something you would be more likely to see at an A-level exhibition. I did find it strange that these pieces were on display, however I did not ask or speak to the artists who made the work so I didn't quite grasp the intent of the pieces in question.  
It was rewarding going to the private view as I gained inspiration on how to present my work in the exhibition.


No comments:

Post a Comment